This week on Month on Woman on top, we step in the heels of the charismatic and influential Rox-ann Govender, who is currently the South African Brand Manager for world renowned technology company Defy.
- Who is Rox-ann Govender and where does she come from?
Rox-ann is a charismatic, Feisty diva, fashionista, specializing in the art of clear and concise communication, mostly importantly friend of God. Hailing from the warm, coastal city of Durban.
- How did you discover your passion and what avenue did you take to nourish your talent?
I have always been a bold outspoken person. While growing up I was always getting myself into trouble for talking too much and for always having an opinion. I also loved working with people and giving back so when I was younger I used to get involved in various initiatives, I volunteered at my local child welfare, I did numerous fundraising drives and used my voice to assist those less privileged. So I guess my personality lead me to the field of media and communication. I pride myself in being a communicator hence I studied media and communication at what was known as Natal University back then. Later on, I fell into the field of PR and media relations the rest is history.
- What Quote/Motto best speaks to you?
“If you can’t fly then run if you can’t run then walk if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” Martin Luther King Jr.
As I believe it doesn’t matter how times you fall down all that matters is how many times you get up again.
- What is it you love about the Marketing industry and your role in it?
I love people and marketing allow me to connect with people from all different walks of life. I love finding real solutions for real people I thrive on social interaction.
- What are some of the biggest lessons you’ve learned from your experience in the industry?
Nothing is off the record,
No comment is the worst answer,
Always pay attention to detail.
- What’s on your wish-list for brand objectives for 2017?
- Drive awareness of the new brand positioning
- Ensure the brand Stays “top of mind”
- How do you plan on building on the Defy brand going forward?
Align the brand positioning with all categories through advertising campaigns. Ensure one clear, key message is being communicated
- Cape Town vs Durban?
- Jog vs Couch and remote
- Reality TV or News?
- Wisdom or Riches?