Shirene Patrick Realises Her Culinary Dream and Takes Over the Reins at Laborie

Laborie has appointed Shirene Patrick as Head Chef for Laborie’s award winning Harvest restaurant. She will take over from internationally acclaimed chef Matthew Gordon whom she has worked with side by side for twenty years.

TX9A3398 copy

Their work career started at Haute Cabriere 20 years ago, and then they continued to work together when Matthew was appointed head chef at Laborie.

While Shirene says she has loved the long journey with Matthew, she is looking forward to this new chapter and the responsibilities that go with it. In her new role, she will oversee sixteen kitchen staff and Laborie’s Taste and Bar di Bar restaurants, as well as the hotel’s catering operations.

Shirene has come a long way since starting off as a dish-washer over twenty years ago. She then did a three-year hotel school course before working her way up the ranks, mentored by Matthew along the way. She says she is looking forward to taking over the reins at this historic eatery and that this is a dream come true for her. “I have dreamed about being a Head Chef since I was at primary school and running a restaurant and cooking is all I can remember ever wanting to do my whole life.”

Matthew says that although he is sad to be leaving Laborie, he feels that he is leaving his legacy in Shirene’s capable hands and he believes that she will excel in her new role.

Matthew will now focus on pursuing his own business interests including his flying operations and running his well-known French Connection restaurant in Franschhoek.

Harvest at Laborie has a loyal following and Shirene is taking over the reins just as the Laborie summer menu launches, which although Matt and Shirene developed together, includes some of her favourite summer-inspired dishes including great fresh starters such as the chicken Waldorf salad, grilled calamari and roasted organic beetroot salad.

The menu is contemporary South African with ingredients sourced locally. Free range and organic karoo lamb, beef and fresh line fish are summer features on the menu, which are paired with Laborie’s award-winning collection of wines and bubbly.

Table bookings can be made at www.laboriewines.co.za

Or phone 021 – 807 3095 or email info@laboriewines.co.za

Join the conversation on Twitter @LaborieWines #LaborieSummer

TG Facebook Comments

11 thoughts on “Shirene Patrick Realises Her Culinary Dream and Takes Over the Reins at Laborie

• December 20, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Hi There! We are looking for experienced people that might be interested in from working their home on a full-time basis. If you want to earn $200 a day, and you don’t mind writing some short opinions up, this is the perfect opportunity for you! Simply check out the link here NOW!

• December 23, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Hi There! We are looking for some people that are interested in from working their home on a full-time basis. If you want to earn $200 a day, and you don’t mind writing some short opinions up, this is the perfect opportunity for you! Simply click the link here NOW!

• January 9, 2017 at 3:08 am

Hello my name is Natalie Murray and I just wanted to drop you a quick message here instead of calling you. I came to your Shirene Patrick Realises Her Culinary Dream and Takes Over the Reins at Laborie | The Guide Online Magazine website and noticed you could have a lot more traffic. I have found that the key to running a successful website is making sure the visitors you are getting are interested in your website topic. There is a company that you can get keyword targeted visitors from and they let you try their service for free for 7 days. I managed to get over 300 targeted visitors to day to my website. http://nightcity25.ru/11a

• January 10, 2017 at 2:20 am

Did you just create your new Facebook page? Do you want your page to look a little more “established”? I found a service that can help you with that. They can send organic and 100% real likes and followers to your social pages and you can try before you buy with their free trial. Their service is completely safe and they send all likes to your page naturally and over time so nobody will suspect that you bought them. Try their service for free here: http://rhr.online/32mhk

• January 11, 2017 at 1:46 pm

I’ve recently started a site, the info you offer on this website has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work.

• January 13, 2017 at 11:24 am

I definitely wanted to compose a small remark so as to express gratitude to you for all of the remarkable tips you are writing here. My rather long internet lookup has now been rewarded with wonderful facts to go over with my good friends. I ‘d claim that most of us website visitors are very fortunate to dwell in a really good community with many brilliant professionals with beneficial principles. I feel very much happy to have come across your entire web site and look forward to tons of more pleasurable moments reading here. Thank you again for a lot of things.

• January 16, 2017 at 12:31 am

This is a comment to the webmaster. I came to your Shirene Patrick Realises Her Culinary Dream and Takes Over the Reins at Laborie | The Guide Online Magazine page by searching on Google but it was difficult to find as you were not on the first page of search results. I know you could have more visitors to your website. I have found a company which offers to dramatically improve your rankings and traffic to your site: http://dtl.la/z-HEZ} I managed to get close to 500 visitors/day using their service, you can also get many more targeted traffic from Google than you have now. Their services brought significantly more visitors to my website. I hope this helps!

• January 24, 2017 at 12:24 pm

Hi There! We are looking for some people that might be interested in from working their home on a part-time basis. If you want to earn $200 a day, and you don’t mind developing some short opinions up, this might be perfect opportunity for you! Simply check out the link here NOW!

• February 2, 2017 at 7:40 pm

I’m not sure where you’re getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this information for my mission.

• February 8, 2017 at 6:35 pm

I keep listening to the reports speak about receiving boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the most excellent site to get one. Could you tell me please, where could i acquire some?

• Pingback: Google